Monday 11 May 2015

Talking to TWO FACED SERENADE

Last week I had the honour of chatting with frontman Ellis Turffrey, vocalist/guitarist and songwriter for the band 'Two faced serenade' (@OFFICIAL_TFS).
With their Debut EP 'Keep your mouth shut' recently being released to the world, Two faced serenade set out to take over the world, one party song at a time! The band consists of four teenage, punk af mates that are out to have a good time, while producing some of the most thought provoking and emotional songs that the industry has experienced in a while. I myself have fallen in love with this pop-punk band, and that's why I bring you my interview with Ellis (@Ellis_Turffrey) 
I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to talk to Ellis- I was intimidated by how talented and thought provoking he was, and to be honest? I was afraid he wouldn't want anything to do with me! But I can honestly say that he was one of the most upfront, honest and real guys I've ever had the chance to talk to!


To kick things off, when did you decide that joining a band was something you wanted to do? 
I've been in loads of previous bands, but they never seemed to work out. Music has always interested me, so being in a band wasn't really a question- I knew I had to make music in some way or another

Was there anything in particular that inspired you and pushed you towards two faced serenade?
My college mates were in a band and they needed a guitarist, so I was just like fuck it, why not? You know? I joined as lead guitarist but now I play rhythm guitar and lead vocals.

That's pretty cool- with two faced serenade on the rise, have you guys considered touring yet?
Well, we've done loads of shows, but not a tour yet. I do wish there was one booked, but I reckon we're pretty damn content with where we are right now.

'Keep your mouth shut' is such an emotional song with a very strong message. It's one of my favourite songs right now; who wrote it and what was the story behind it?
I wrote it. It's quite a deep story but basically it's about being neglected by your parents and not being accepted.

Damn, that's some deep shit! Can I ask if it came from a personal experience, or is it something you see happening a lot?
I don't know man, it's just sort of something I've noticed

That's great, thank you! Now, you said earlier that a tour isn't something on the books right now, but what kind of response do you get from the crowd when you perform?
We always get a really awesome response from the crowd. I never expected things to come so far- I mean we're not at our full potential yet I don't think, but the fact that we've got fans dotted all over the world.. it's freaking awesome.

I can only imagine. Last question; were there any successful bands that inspired you, and who would you aspire to go on tour with?
Umm linkin park, paramore, and I would go on tour with anyone lol

Thanks Ellis! Hopefully we'll be hearing more from two faced serenade, but for now I suggest you check out their twitter (as detailed before) and get on to their youtube channel- their music is amazing, and at only 17-19 they perform incredibly. Don't even get me started on those lyrics... damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment